Pumpkin Soup Shooters with Dried Blueberry Dust
- Servings: 10-12
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 29-ounce can 100% pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 quart chicken stock
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup freeze-dried blueberries
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and saute about 4 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the pumpkin puree, chicken stock, and nutmeg. Stir the pumpkin mixture and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer the soup about 30 minutes, until the onions are very soft.
- Puree the soup in the pot with a hand-held immersion blender, or transfer the soup to a countertop blender and puree until very smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and salt. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Stir in the milk.
- Put the freeze-dried blueberries into a food processor. Pulse in 2-second intervals until the blueberries look powdery.
- Ladle the hot soup into small juice glasses or demitasse cups. Sprinkle each serving with a large pinch of the ground dried blueberries. Serve immediately.