Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup pancake mix
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons low fat milk, rice milk, or soy milk
- 1/2 cup cooked, pureed (or canned) pumpkin
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of cloves
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- Beat the egg in a bowl, and add the pancake mix, milk, pumpkin, and the rest of the ingredients. Combine gently, without over mixing. Lightly coat a skillet or griddle with nonstick cooking spray, and set on medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan for each pancake. When bubbles start to form and pop, and the bottom is golden, turn the pancakes over and cook the other side.
- Serve warm with any of the following: maple syrup, yogurt, sautéed apples, or brown sugar.