Pumpkin Toffee Cheesecake
- 1-3/4 cups shortbread cookies, crushed (about 14-16 cookies)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 1 can (5 oz.) evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup crushed toffee candies (about 25-30 candies)
- 1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- caramel ice cream topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- For Crust: Combine cookie crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press onto bottom and 1-inch up side of 9-springform pan. Bake for 6 - 8 minutes (do not allow to brown). Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- For Cheesecake: Beat cream cheese and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, cornstarch and cinnamon; beat well. Pour into crust. Bake for 60 - 65 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Remove from oven; top with toffee candy pieces.
- For Topping: Combine sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well. Spread over warm cheesecake. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan. Drizzle with caramel topping before serving.