- Cooking Time: 38 minutes
- Servings: 13x9 baking dish
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Cup of Rice Flour
- 1 Cup of White Sugar
- 3/4 Cup of Sour Cream
- 4 oz. of Parmesan Cheese, crushed finely
- 3 Eggs, separated into Yolks and Whites
- 1 Stick of melted, Salted Butter
- 1 tsp. of Baking Powder
- Sesame seeds to garnish top
- Beat egg whites until firm, although not stiff, and set aside
- Beat sugar and butter on high until creamy
- Add in egg yolks and mix well
- Add in Parmesan cheese little by little
- To this, add in sour cream and baking powder
- Sift rice flour over the mixture and use spatula to incorporate into mixture
- Finally, fold in egg whites using spatula as well
- Pour batter into a 13x9 rectangle glass baking dish
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top
- Place dish into oven and let bake at 350 degrees for about 38 minutes, or until golden brown on top and done inside.
- You can view this complete recipe, along with pictures, on my blog at:
- Buen Provecho!
Quesadilla Salvadorena is a moist, sweet, cheese pound cake. The key to this recipe is the type of cheese used, Parmesan cheese. I invented this recipe to match the pre-made quesadilla you find at the grocery stores. You can view this complete recipe, along with pictures, on my blog at: http://www.postresdelacipota.com/2011/08/quesadilla-with-glass-of-milk-please.html Buen Provecho!