Queso Blanco Chicken Melt
- Servings: 6
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Lawry's Baja Chipotle 30 Minute Marinade
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterfly cut each to make 6
- 1 (16 ounce) can Queso Blanco Cheese Sauce
- 1 (10) can Rotel Tomatoes And Green Chilies
- 1 (5.4 ounce) package Knorr Fiesta Sides Mexican Rice
- Cut each chicken breast in half thru the center (butterfly cut) to make 6 thinner breasts.
- Pour Baja Chipotle Marinade over chicken and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill and grill chicken, turning occasionally until done and temp reaches 165°.
- While the chicken is grilling prepare the rice according to package directions.
- Combine Rotel and cheese sauce in a medium, microwavable bowl. Heat on HIGH in the microwave in 1 minute intervals, stirring well until cheese and Rotel are hot and incorporated well together.
- To serve, layer some rice on a plate, then a chicken breast and top with cheese sauce.
This recipe was the ticket straight to my hubby's heart! He absolutely loved it! He kept telling how good dinner was and that I needed to make this more often! I found a recipe similar to this on Pinterest but the recipe called for Velveeta Cheese which would of probably been very tasty too but since the word Queso was used in the title of the recipe I thought using Queso Blanco Cheese would fit better so I used Queso Blanco and changed the recipe title and recipe to my liking and I'm so happy I did! Velveeta has come out with a new Queso version but it was sold out at our local grocery so I used Rico's Queso Blanco Cheese Sauce in a can and it was delicious! This recipe was a tad on the spicy side but we love spicy! You could tone down the spice some by using MILD Rotel! I used Original!