Quick and Easy Chocolate Cupcakes
- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 110g of soft margarine
- 85g of self raising flour
- 25g of cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- A tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees/Gas Mark four and line a 12 hole muffin tin with silicone cupcake cases. If you don’t have any silicone, paper cases are fine.
- Put all your ingredients into a large bowl, or a mixer if you have one. Make sure all of your dry ingredients are sifted – this will make sure your cakes extra light and fluffy.
- Whisk for 5 minutes, or slightly longer if you’re mixing by hand. When the mixture is ready, it should resemble a smooth chocolate moose.
- Next, spoon the mixture out into the lined muffin tin and place in the oven for around 15-20 minutes. Your cakes should have risen and will be firm on top but still quite spongy. Skewer one cake in the middle to see if they’re cooked – if the skewer comes out clean, the cupcakes are ready!
- Leave your cupcakes to cool for a minute or two before taking out of the pan.
- To decorate, either sprinkle with icing sugar or squirt a heap of buttercream icing on top and finish off with edible glitter and white chocolate stars.
- Tip: Instead of dishing out into cupcake sized-portions, try pouring your cake mixture into a loaf or cake tin and making a lovely chocolate sponge and serve with custard. Enjoy!