- 2-3 cups dried,cleaned quinoa
- 2-3 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-5 crowns of broccoli, or frozen equivalent
- ~1/4 cup water
- 8-16 oz. 2% sharp cheddar cheese (you could easily use a different cheese for your taste/lifestyle)
- 1. Heat oven to 350F or so. Heat water to simmer, add quinoa, cover and cook on low until water is absorbed (it cooks like couscous -- don't worry, it will look funny when it is cooked ;D)
- 2. Heat oil (I used grapeseed, but olive oil works well too) and cook onions until soft and golden.
- 3. Add broccoli
- to onion mixture, add water and cover with lid to steam broccoli.
- 4. Mix in your cooked quinoa and half of the cheese to the broccoli mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Spread mixture into an oiled casserole pan (9"x13") and add remaining cheese on top.
- 6. Cook in oven until cheese is brown on top.