Raspberry Chicken Cutlets Supreme
- Servings: 4
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5oz each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil OR 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- dash salt & pepper
- 2-1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesean cheese
- Cut each chicken breast horizontally into 2 cutlets.
- Place chicken between sheets of wax paper and gently pound to uniform thickness.
- In shallow dish, mix 1/4 cup of the Vermouth and lemon juice. Add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, drain and pat dry.
- In large frypan, place butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook about 3 minutes on each side or until fork can be inserted with ease. Remove chicken to heated platter.
- To same frypan, over medium heat, add chicken broth, stirring to deglaze frypan. Reduce broth to one-half.
- In small bowl, mix together preserves, mustard and basil; add to frypan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and boil, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Remove frypan from heat and stir in remaining 1 tablespoon Vermouth.
- Drain any juices from chicken on platter. Spoon some of the sauce over chicken and place a slice of kiwi on top of each cutlet.
- Garnish with remaining slices of kiwi, red raspberries and basil sprigs.
- Serve remaining sauce on the side.