- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 large zucchinis, chopped
- 3 large yellow squashes, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 orange bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray, then sauté shallots, garlic and red onion. Add the tomato juice and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, and cook over medium heat for an additional 15 minutes covered, or until veggies are soft and tender.
- Transfer to serving bowls. Serve warm with fresh basil.