Raw Vegan Cashew Banana Ice Cream
- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked for 2 hours
- 1 cup filtered water
- 3 large really ripe organic bananas
- 1/4 cup agave or “Just Like Sugar”
- 1 Tbsp natural vanilla extract
- pinch of Celtic sea salt
- Throw everything in the blender and keep tweaking until you are satisfied with your blend. Transfer to an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions. Enjoy straight of the machine, or freeze to firm up and serve.
I am going to warn you straight off the bat before I proceed any further - this ice-cream is hard to quit eating! So if you are prepared for a few extra calories on the lips and hips, and get excited by bananas, look no further than this delectable vegan banana ice-cream, that can literally be blended up in 5 minutes. Well – half an hour if you include the time churning in the ice-cream maker. But you can walk around the house doing other things while the machine is working it’s magic! I will say that you will need a high speed blender such as a Vitamix in order to make an ice cream with a really creamy texture. A regular blender will yield a more grainy result. Everyone loves this ice cream - even the most devout cream dreamers and dairy devotees. This ice cream is so rich and creamy that it really is hard to believe that there is absolutely nothing bad in it! The secret to this ice cream’s success is to use extremely ripe bananas to capitalize on the natural sweetness. This recipe is really fool proof – literally child’s play. Actually, this would be a fantastic recipe to make with children to introduce them to natural ice-cream making. You could add 1 ripe banana, and substitute berries for berry ice cream. You could try other fruit. You could add in coconut and chocolate. The sky is the limit.