Red, White, and Green Biscotti
- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 45
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup shelled raw unsalted pistachios
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup high-quality white chocolate, chopped (for biscotti)
- 8 oz high-quality white chocolate, chopped (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat sugar, eggs, oil, and almond extract in large bowl until well blended. Add flour mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in pistachios, dried cranberries, and 3/4 cup chopped white chocolate. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls in two 12-inch-long strips on prepared baking sheet, spacing strips 3 inches apart. Using wet fingertips, shape each strip into 3-inch-wide log, pressing for even width and thickness (logs may look slightly lumpy).
- Bake logs until lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Cool logs on sheet 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325.
- Carefully transfer logs to cutting board. Line same baking sheet with parchment paper (I used the same sheet). Cut each log crosswise into generous 1/2-inch-thick slices. Stand biscotti upright, spacing about 1/4 inch apart, in 3 rows on prepared baking sheet. Bake until pale golden (biscotti may be soft but will firm as they cool), about 20 minutes. Cool completely on baking sheet.
- Line another large baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt white chocolate in a glass bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Stir until smooth.
- Dip 1 end or 1 side of each biscotti in chocolate; place on baking sheet. Chill until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes. (Can be made ahead. Arrange in single layer in airtight container and store up to 5 days or freeze up to 2 weeks.)