Red Lobster's Sesame Ginger-Seared Grouper with Asian Vegetables
- * 4 eight- to ten-ounce pieces of fresh grouper fillets, skinless
- * ½ cup canola oil
- * Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Blackened Redfish Magic
- * 2 tbsp. green onions, chopped
- * 4 seven-ounce portions cooked Asian soba noodles (linguini can be substituted)
- * 2 ounces red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- * 4 ounces broccoli florets, slightly blanched and chilled
- * 4 ounces snow peas, slightly blanched and chilled
- * 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- * 24 ounces sesame ginger sauce (There are many commercial sauces, dressings and marinades with this flavor profile. Pick your favorite.)
- Asian Vegetables
- 1. Mix the raw bell peppers and mushrooms with the blanched broccoli and snow peas.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- 2. Set aside.
- These will be sautéed just enough to heat when serving.
- 1. Heat water in a medium saucepan.
- This will be used to reheat cooked noodles before serving.
- Sesame-Ginger Sauce
- 1. Heat sauce over low heat.
- Seared Grouper
- 1. Lightly brush both sides of the grouper with oil and lightly season with Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Blackened Redfish Magic.
- 2. Pre-heat a non-stick sauté pan on medium to medium-high heat.
- Place one tbsp. of oil into the pan.
- 3. Sear the seasoned fillets for 3-4 minutes. Turn fish over and sear an additional 4-5 minutes or until your fresh fish preference is reached. (For thicker fillets, it may be necessary to finish the fish in a 350-degree oven.)