Red Son's Reward - Wheat Dog Biscuits
- 3/4 cup hot water, beef broth or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In large bowl, combine water or broth with margarine. Add powdered milk, salt garlic, parsley and egg. Stir in flour in 1/2 cup increments, mixing well after each addition.
- Knead the dough for 3-4 minutes and roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes, place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let dog biscuits cool until dry and hard. (I often leave them in the oven after turning it off.) Makes approx. 1-1/4 pound dry dog biscuits.
***** BakeSpace Note: Please keep in mind that some experts express concern that homemade pet food may not contain the optimal combination of nutrients (amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals) that pets require for long-term health. Your pet’s species, breed, age and any existing medical problems should be considered before preparing a homemade meal. Please consult your veterinarian for more information.