Rhubarb Custard Pie
- 1 To 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (depending on tartness desired)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash of ground Cinnamon
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 6 to 8 cups chopped rhubarb, about 2 to 3 pounds untrimmed (6 cups for 9-inch pie plate, 8 cups for 9 1/2 inch deep-dish pie plate)
- Pastry for 1 double-crust pie(I'm not allowed 2 recipes per page- See pie pastry in "Dough & crusts")
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add beaten eggs and rhubarb tossing to coat.
- Pour into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Dot with butter and top with lattice crust.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until filling bubbles and crust is golden brown.