Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan pieces, lightly toasted
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips and a 1/2 cup of the bittersweet chocolate chips. Put the chips in a small metal bowl and set the bowl over a pot of simmering water. Whisk the chocolate with a small spatula. Once it's all melted, in a large mixture bowl, combine and whisk the melted chocolate with the corn syrup, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and pecans.
- Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie shell and bake it for 40 minutes. When it's done baking, remove the pie from the oven and let it cool.
- Place 1/4 of the bittersweet chocolate chips in a small bowl. Place the remaining 1/4 of the bittersweet chocolate chips, along with the vegetable oil, in a small metal bowl. Set the metal bowl over a pot of simmering water. Whisk until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the chocolate in the small bowl, and whisk. Pour the chocolate all over the warm pie and spread it to the edges to coat the top.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least a couple of hours before serving