- 6 cups chicken broth, heated
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter (2 tbsp removed to finish the dish)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat 4 tablespoons of butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until they are translucent.
- Add the rice and stir until it is well coated with the butter.
- Add the white wine and stir continually over medium heat until it is absorbed.
- Start to add 1/2 cup of hot broth, stirring constantly as it is absorbed.
- Continue in this manner, adding ladles of hot broth, and stirring continuously for about 20-25 minutes or until the rice is cooked, but remains slightly firm to the teeth.
- Remove the rice from the heat; add the remaining butter and Parmesan cheese.