Roast Cod with Crisp Potatoes
- Servings: 6
- 3 lbs Yukon gold or new potatoes, halved (if small) or cut into 1 1/2" chunks (Peel first if desired)
- 3 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 6- 6 oz. cod fillets, skin removed
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Heat oven to 450-f degrees.
- Place the potatoes in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with 3 Tbsp. of the oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. of the salt and 1/4 tsp of the pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Stir and roast for additional 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the cod fillets and pat them dry with paper towels.
- After the 30 minutes of roasting, move the potatoes to the sides of the pan and place the fillets in the center.
- Drizzle with the remaining oil and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Redistribute the potatoes around the fillets. Roast until the fillets are the same color throughout and flake easily, about 10-15 minutes.
- Top with the lemon zest, lemon juice and chives (if using).