Roasted Garden Veggies
- For the potatoes
- 3 pound bag of baby red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (from a grinder)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese, saving a little for garnish
- For the other veggies
- 1 large zucchini, cut into coins and then half
- 1 large yellow squash, cut into coins and then half
- 1 medium onion, cut into strips
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and if the potatoes are semi big, quarter them again.
- Spray your dish with cooking spray.
- Place the quartered potatoes into a baking dish.
- Add the olive oil, garlic salt, sea salt, cayenne, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Add the cut zucchini, squash and onions. Using your fingers, or a spoon, mix everything until well coated.
- Transfer the baking dish into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss the everything. Put the baking dish back into the oven and bake for 10 minutes more. Remove the baking sheet and give them another toss and place them back in the oven and roast until they are golden and crispy, 20 more minutes or so.
- Garnish with remaining parmesan cheese and serve.
I took my recipe for parmesan potatoes and took it to a new level! I love, love zucchini and just recently discovered that yellow squash was ok too as long as it is chunky and not shredded! I tried it once at a restaurant and it was shredded like spaghetti and I didn't like it all! Recently my hubby and I were at Red Lobster and they had the squash, cut chunky, in a zucchini dish and I liked it that way! I had this for my meal and not a side dish! Delicious and healthy and a great way to use up those fresh from your garden veggies! I could eat this all day long or should I say I can eat zucchini all day long! :)