Roasted Pear and Cranberry Relish
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pear halves in juice, drained and cut in 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely crushed, dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Blot pear chunks with paper towels to absorb all surface moisture. Toss with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper on a large rimmed sheet pan and spread into an even layer. Roast for 10 minutes. Toss, scatter pecans on top and roast five more minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, cool for 10 minutes and fold in cranberry sauce.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 244; Total fat 8g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 109mg; Carbohydrate 50g; Fiber 3g; Protein 1g; Vitamin A 0%DV*; Vitamin C 6%DV; Folate 2%DV; Calcium 2%DV; Iron 5%DV; Potassium 6%DV
- *Daily Value
No one will guess that you threw together this elegant sauce from a few pantry staples in your spare time. Roasting the pears intensifies their sweetness and lends them a toasted aura that is the perfect counterpoint to tart, whole-berry cranberry sauce. The sweet and tart flavors combine perfectly in a nourishing relish to partner with roast turkey or any roasted meat – and offer one more way to enjoy fruit in your menu!