Roasted Tomato and Garlic Soup
- Servings: 2-4
- 8 plum or vine ripened tomatoes
- 1 head garlic
- 1 - 1 1/2 c. chicken stock
- 1/3 c. diced tomatoes and juice
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Slice tomatoes in half and remove seeds.
- Place in a single layer in a baking dish, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper
- Slice top off the head of garlic, just enough to open it up, but not to remove too much garlic.
- Place in the center of a square of foil, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap foil edges up to make a packet and place in center of the baking dish with tomatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Turn tomatoes and bake another 20 minutes. Tomatoes should be soft and browned at the edges. Garlic should be soft.
- Add roasted tomatoes, 4 cloves of the garlic, diced tomatoes and juice to a blender. Pulse to puree.
- Season with salt and pepper, add 1/2 c. stock, and blend on low speed.
- Add stock in a slow stream while blending until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into a pot over medium heat and heat through.
- Serve with Fresh basil garnish and Brie Bites.