Roasted Whole Bulb Garlic
- 3-4whole bulbs of garlic
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon or so of peppercorns
- Using a knife trim 1/2 inch off of top bulb. Place garlic in an ovenproof pan.
- Drizzle cut surface with a tablespoon olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Pour enought water to come about 1/2 up the sizes of the garlic.
- Tuck the bay leave into the pan and sprinkle the peppercorns over garlic.
- Cover with foil and bake 1 hour at 375
- Remove foil and return to the oven for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- To serve, squeeze bulb.