- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of rose water (ideally, you could also use orange blossom water, or vanilla extract as well)
- Whisk the egg whites and medium speed for 30 seconds, then go to high speed.
- When frothy, slowly add the sugar and whip until soft peaks form.
- Add the rose water and whisk for a moment more. Be sure that everything and your hands are totally clean, the slightest bit of oil can screw a meringue. I had quite a bit left over after all this, so I popped the meringue in little dollops into the oven at 350F for 30 minutes on top of some baking paper for some rose meringue cookies. Yum!