Rosemary and Lemon Chicken with Potatoes
- 4 chicken thighs
- 5 rosemary twigs
- 1 lemon
- 1 bell pepper (or two)
- a few cloves of garlic
- salt, pepper, poultry seasoning
- 1 tblspoon flour
- + 1 tblsp breadcrumbs
- + 1 tblsp grated Parmigiano cheese
- Olive oil
- With a sharp knife, carefully remove the bones from the chicken thighs but leave the skin on.
- Season the chicken on both sides (salt, pepper, poultry seasoning).
- Put a little finely grated lemon zest and a (washed and dried) rosemary twig on each thigh.
- Roll the meat aroung the rosemary twig and tie thightly with a piece of twine/string
- Mix the flour, breadcrumbs and finely grated Parmigiano in a plate, and dredge the thighs.
- Place them in an oiled roasting pan (even better, line the pan with baking paper, you'll need less oil).
- Wash, peel and cut potatoes. Mine were pretty small so I cut them in four. The point is to cut them the right size so that they need more or less the sime time to bake as the chicken.
- Place the potato chunks around the chicken, add a few cloves of garlic and a rosemary twig. Drizzle a little oil on top of everything. Put the pan in an already warm oven at 220°C.
- Wash and chop the bell peper(s).
- Add the chopped peppers to the meat and potatoes when they are half done (even last 10 minutes will be enough).
- I don't know how long it took for the meat and potatoes to be done, I checked with a fork, and when everything was nice crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, I took the pan out of the oven.
- Remove the garlic and rosemary before serving.