Sabra Hummus Very Veggie Pita
- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 4 whole wheat pita breads
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup canned green beans
- 1/4 cup frozen broccoli
- 1/4 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1/4 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen carrots
- 2 Tablespoons Sabra Hummus
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Salad Dressing
- Cook frozen cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots in a saucepan for 5 minutes.
- Add canned green beans to the mixture and cook for 3 more minutes or until all the vegetables are tender.
- Strain the vegetables and place them in a large salad bowl.
- Mix together the cooked vegetables, celery and mushrooms.
- Add the romaine lettuce to the cooked vegetables mix and stir ingredients together.
- Add Italian salad dressing to vegetable mix and toss until all ingredients are coated in dressing.
- Split open each wheat pita bread round and spread with ½ tablespoon Sabra hummus.
- Fill each wheat pita bread pocket with ¼ of vegetable salad mixture and enjoy the veggie goodness in this sandwich!
I am a vegetarian, so I love cooking meals with not only healthy vegetables, but also meals that are very flavorful. I love Sabra hummus on wheat pita bread and this recipe is a great dinner or lunch and is not only filled with vegetable goodness, but also the great taste of Sabra hummus.