Saimin (Hawaiian Noodle Soup)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh saimin noodles*
- 6 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound tofu, sliced in 1/2 inch square slices
- 2 baby bok choi, roughly sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 8 ounces kamboko* (Japanese fish cakes), thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat stock, soy sauce and ginger to boiling. Add tofu, fish cakes and bok choi; simmer for about 5 minutes or until bok choi ir crisp tender. Remove from heat and mix in sesame oil, salt and pepper. When ready to serve add scallions.
- Prepare noodles according to package.
- Place noodles in individual bowls, then add broth mixture. Serve warm