Salmon en “papillote”
- Butter (unsalted) for buttering the inside of each sheet.
- 6 10oz salmon fillets
- ½ cup chopped fresh chive
- ½ cup chopped fennel green
- 1 lemon, sliced
- lemon juice, to taste
- kosher salt
- white pepper or black (to taste)
- 6 sheets of parchment paper or wax paper.
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Fold parchment paper in half lengthwise and cut into a heart shape.
- 3. Butter the inside of each sheet, stopping 2 in off the edges.
- 4. Place the salmon, skin side down on one half of each heart (to achieve even cooking tuck
- the thin edges of the fillet under the thicker center)
- 5. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle chives and fennel greens evenly and place the lemon
- slices on top of each fillet.
- 6. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil if desired.
- 7. Fold the uncovered half of paper over the fillet and align the edges.
- Fold the edges over by ½ in and crimp together.
- Make sure that it is completely air tight.
- 8. Place the packages on a sheet pan and bake until parchment paper puffs and becomes browned around the edges. (About 10 minutes)