Salted Caramel Sauce (courtesy of Kelsey Nixon)
- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon gray sea salt, crushed or kosher salt
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the sugar and water over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat and bring to a boil, without stirring. If necessary, use a wet pastry brush to wash down any crystals on the side of the pan. Boil until the syrup is a deep amber color, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the sugar from the heat and carefully whisk in the heavy cream. The mixture will bubble. Stir in the unsalted butter, and salt. Transfer the caramel to a dish and cool.
- *Cook's Note: This recipe will last in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Reheat before serving.