- Cooking Time: 18
- Caramel Blondies:
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. caramels
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan.
- Lightly grease foil.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended (I mixed by hand with a wood spoon); set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to brown sugar mixture; mix well.
- Reserve 1 cup of the batter for later use; spread remaining batter into prepared pan.
- Baking 15 minutes or until firm.
- Microwave caramels and milk in microwaveable bowl 2-3 minutes or until caramels are completely melted, stirring every minute.
- Pour over baked layer in pan; spread to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Spoon reserved 1 cup batter over caramel layer; with an icing spatula, spread batter together with caramel until a smooth layer appears.
- Bake an additional 18 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool completely.