Santa Fe Chicken
- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Servings: 4
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheddar
- Minced cilantro, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, jalapeno and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and cumin; place over rice mixture.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken; cook 5-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired.