Sassy Fiesta Spaghetti
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 (16 oz.) package spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef (I used ground sirloin)
- 1/4 cup sugar (omitted; didn't appeal to me)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes with basil, undrained (used regular crushed tomatoes; added 1/2 Tbsp. of basil)
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (11 oz.) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 (4.5 oz.) can sliced mushrooms
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook and drain spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion and bell pepper in oil 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender; remove from skillet.
- Add beef to skillet; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently until cooked through; drain off excess fat.
- Add onion and bell pepper to beef; mix well; stir in sugar (omitted), taco seasoning, tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn and mushrooms; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over spaghetti, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.