Saucy Sausage & Peppers
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds Italian sausage links
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle beer (I used Sam Adams Summer Ale)
- 1/2 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Cook sausages until browned on all sides. Remove sausage from pan, and set aside.
- Pour 1 bottle of beer into the pan, scrape up any blackened bits from the bottom.
- Add the red, green and yellow peppers, onions and garlic to the pan. Add the tomato paste. Season with oregano, cilantro, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cover, and simmer until onions and peppers are tender. If the sauce is too thick, add a little water.
- Slice the sausages and add to the peppers.
- Cover, and simmer another 5-10 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.