- 1 (1-pound) package ground sausage
- 3 cups baking mix (recommended: Bisquick)
- 4 cups grated sharp Cheddar
- 1/8 tablespoon pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large glass bowl. Mix well with your fingers. The mixture will be very crumbly. Form into 1 inch balls, squeezing the mixture so it holds together, then rolling it between the palms of your hands to form balls.
- Place the balls on the baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. To prevent sticking, move the balls with a spatula halfway through cooking.
- To make the dip, combine the mayonnaise and mustard. Serve with sausage balls.