Sausage Stuffed Zucchini
- Servings: 1
- 1 spicy Italian sausage link
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 c onion, diced
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/2 t. basil
- 1/2 t. oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 c mozzarella, shredded
- Slice zucchini in half, length wise and scoop out inside.
- Slice 1/3 of zucchini and chop roughly. Set aside.
- Broil zucchini hulls for 12-15 minutes until fork tender.
- Heat oil in a saute pan until hot, add onion and garlic and cook until onions are transparent.
- Add sausage, without casing, breaking up in pan with spatula.
- Add spices and cook until nearly cooked through.
- Add 1/2 of can of diced tomatoes.
- Reduce until tomato juice is nearly gone.
- Remove the bay leaf and mix in most of the mozzarella.
- Scoop the meat mixture into the zucchini hulls and sprinkle the mozzarella on top.
- Broil until the mozzarella is just melted. Enjoy!