Sauteed Chicken Breast with Warm Caper Sauce
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 40
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese. (I used the already grated kind from the supermarket.)
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 4 Large skinless, boneless whole Chicken breasts, split
- 1/2 Cup flour (about) to coat chicken
- 1 cup ( 2 sticks) unsalted butter (divided)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 ounce small capers, drained
- Beat eggs in bowl with Parmesian cheese, salt and pepper.set aside
- Dust chicken in flour, than coat in reserved egg mixture.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a shallow non- stick pan, Add olive oil and cook chicken on both sides over low heat just until browned. If heat is too high, coating may burn and/ or stick to pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a metal spatula, transfer chicken breast halves to a baking dish and bake uncovered,15 to 20 minutes or until done.
- While chicken bakes, prepare sauce: Combine wine,shallots, and cream, over high heat, reduce mixture by about half until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Cut remaining 1/2 cup butter into small pieces and whisk into the reduction until all the butter is incorporated.
- When chicken is done, remove from pan and set on individual serving dishes. Ladle sauce over pieces of chicken, than sprinkle each serving with capers.