Sauteed Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 lb. Sugar Snap Peas
- 3 olive oil (1/2 Sesame Oil)
- fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Approx. 1 1/2 tsps brown sugar
- 1 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, finely shredded
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp peppercorn medley
- 1/3 cup julienned red onions
- grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, heat olive & sesame oil and lemon juice.
- Add garlic and ginger; then saute briefly about 30 seconds.
- Add peas, salt, pepper, onions(I like my onions cooked a little.
- If you like your onions raw, you can add then after peas are done and just toss them) and sugar and over med. heat, toss & cook for 2-4 minutes, depending on how large they are.
- Once the peas are finished cooking, sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on top.