Savory Fresh Corn Muffins
- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 Cups Self Rising Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Sage
- 1 ½ Cups Grated Mozzarella
- ½ Cup Grated Cheddar
- 2 Ears Fresh Corn Removed From Cob
- ¼ Cup (1/2 Stick) Butter
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
- In a large mixing bowl combine Flour, salt, garlic powder, sage, mozzarella, cheddar and corn and mix well with wooden spoon.
- In a small mixing bowl melt butter in microwave then add buttermilk and eggs and beat with a whisk until well mixed.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and stir 15-18 times JUST until ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix.
- Use an ice cream scoop to measure out and fill the muffin tins (which you should coat with non stick spray) ¾ full.
- Bake in a pre heated 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Muffins, muffins and more muffins. Savory muffins are my favorite. Cheesy and flavorful, yet still light and fluffy; that’s how I like them best. So when I was at the farmers market in downtown Sarasota and found wonderful fresh ears of corn it seemed the perfect time to make fresh corn muffins. Most corn muffin recipes call for corn meal but I prefer lighter muffins. Using white flour instead gives you a light springy muffin every time and I stick with self rising flour; just saves a bit of time. Cheese wise, pre grated mozzarella and cheddar are readily available and another wonderful time saver! Muffins really are so easy to whip up, 10 minutes at the most and can be in the oven baking while you get everything else ready and they add so much love to your family dinner table!