Savory Sausage Stew
- Cooking Time: 30 min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- 1/2 pound kielbasa or smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium (1 cup) carrots, sliced 1/4-inch
- 1 rib (1/2 cup) celery, sliced 1/2-inch
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans Italian or plum-style diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine kielbasa, carrots, celery and onion in 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisply tender (8 to 12 minutes).
- Add all remaining ingredients. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil (2 to 3 minutes). Reduce heat to low. Cook until vegetables are tender (20 to 25 minutes).