Savoury Trifle with Ricotta, Crostini and Prosciutto
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 mins
- 100 g bread (e.g. Altamura)
- 200 g ricotta
- 4 thin slices of Prosciutto
- 40 g kalamata olives
- 100 ml milk
- 1 red roast pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- You can prepare the bread crostini your usual way, e.g. cutting the bread into cubes and then frying in a skillet with a little oil and crushed garlic. Or you can follow my method (I love strong garlic flavour):
- Slice the bread and brush with little oil. Grill it in a grilling pan and then rub with garlic. Cut into cubes.
- Divide the ricotta in two and add half milk to each. Mix well and salt.
- Add choped olives to one half of ricotta and chopped roast pepper to the other half.
- Cut prosciutto into stripes.
- Distribute 2/3 of crostini into four glasses.
- Add the ricotta with olives and then the ricotta with peppers over the first layer.
- Distribute the leftover crostini and the prosciutto stripes on top.