Scallops with Brown Apple Cider Butter
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 pound scallops
- 1 green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 5 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh sage
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TSP salt and pepper
- In a large pan, boil cider over medium-high heat for about 8 mins, reduce to 3-4 TBSP.
- In separate large pan, melt 2 TBSP butter over medium heat. Salt and pepper scallops, sautée in pan until carmelized, (3-4 mins each side). Remove scallops from pan, keep warm. Add last 3 TBSP of butter to pan. Brown butter over medium heat, then stir in reduced apple cider, half of apples, and sage and lemon juice. Simmer 2-3 mins, thickening sauce slightly.
- Put scallops on a small plate, spoon sauce over top. Garnish with remaining sliced apples.
A few years ago we were at a friends house and they busted out this first course before dinner. It was easy and tasty because it's got my favorite ingredient—butter. I find the key here is to get the freshest, plumpest scallops you can find from a good seafood place. Let me know what you think on Facebook.com/sommrickbakas Cheers!