- 1 (16 ounce) package dry fettuccine noodles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Melt butter in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add shrimp and scallops, stirring to combine, and cook 3 minutes more. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Pour half-and-half, salt, and pepper into the pan and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Gradually sprinkle 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese over seafood mixture and continue stirring another minute. Remove from heat.
- Toss cooked pasta into the pan, coating thoroughly. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese, and serve.