Secret Chocolate Strawberry Pie
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 60 minutes
- 3 cups (about 2-1/2 pts.) sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 package (3 oz.) strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream, divided
- 1 baked 9-inch pie crust, cooled
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- Sweetened whipped cream(optional)
- Whole strawberries(optional)
- 1. Reserve 2 cups sliced strawberries. Mash remaining 1 cup sliced strawberries; add enough water to make 2 cups. Stir together sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan; stir in mashed strawberries. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 2. Add gelatin, butter and lemon juice; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Strain mixture; discard seeds,. Refrigerate until partially set.
- 3. Meanwhile, place chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons whipping cream in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir.
- If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred. Spread chocolate mixture onto bottom of prepared crust; refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- 4. Beat cream cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon whipping cream in small bowl until smooth; spread over chocolate layer. Refrigerate filled crust while gelatin mixture is cooling. When gelatin mixture is partially set, fold in reserved sliced strawberries; spoon mixture over cream cheese layer.
- 5. Cover; refrigerate several hours or until firm. Just before serving, garnish with sweetened whipped cream and whole strawberries, if desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover pie.