Sesame Soba Noodles
- 12 oz. buckwheat soba noodles
- 1/2 cup tahini (or you can use peanut butter)
- 2 Tbls. sesame oil
- 1 Tbls. raw honey
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1 Tbls. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- salt and pepper
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 Tbls. sesame seeds
- Cook soba noodles in salted boiling water for 10 minutes, or until just tender. Drain, rinse with cold water and place in a large bowl.
- Toss with 1 Tbls. sesame oil and refrigerate.
- Whisk tahini, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha, and salt and pepper to taste until combined.
- Add a few Tbls. of hot water if it is too thick. You'll want it to be the consistency of heavy cream. You can refrigerate this also until ready to serve, but you'll need to thin it out again with more water!
- When you are ready to eat, toss noodles in tahini sauce and transfer to a plate.
- Sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds and top with grilled chicken or tofu.
- Drizzle with remaining sesame oil.