Sesame broccoli snack/side
- Cooking Time: 10 min
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5 min
- Broccoli - 1 head
- Olive oil - 1/2 tbspn
- Salt - to taste
- Sesame seeds - 1 tspn
- 1.Separate broccoli into flowerets
- 2.Put in boiling water and boil for 3-4 minutes till softer but not mushy.
- Take out from boiling water and immerse in ice water.
- 3. Alternatively broccoli can be steamed in a microwave steamer for 1 minute or in another type of steamer. The idea is to cook a little but retain the crunchiness.
- 4. Dry roast sesame seeds on a griddle or in a pan till slightly brown but not dark brown
- 5. In a pan heat olive oil, add broccoli, stir for 2-3 minutes, add salt.
- 6. Sprinkle sesame seeds on the broccoli and remove from pan.
- 7. Enjoy as a snack or side