- Servings: 4
- ½ cup dark soy sauce
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ tablespoons fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, sliced thinly
- 1 lb fresh thick round egg noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces and then julienned lengthwise (keep green and white parts separate)
- ½ head napa cabbage, thinly sliced (white and pale green parts kept separate)
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 cup chicken stock
- 1½ tablespoons sesame oil
- Ground white pepper to taste
- To make the marinade, combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and ginger and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Place the pork in the marinade and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok or heavy skillet on high heat and fry the pork for one minute or until done (set the reserved marinade aside). Remove the pork and set aside. Next fry the white parts of the cabbage and green onions along with the garlic for 30 seconds or until tender. Return the pork to the pan along with the reserved marinade, chicken/cornstarch mixture and the green parts of the cabbage and green onions. Cook for 30 seconds. Add the noodles and stir until combined. Add white pepper to taste. Serve immediately.