- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 cans (15 1/2oz.) drained green beans
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz.) condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 servings prepared instant mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- In large skillet cook meat until it is lightly browned. Drain off fat.
- Stir in green beans, onion powder, tomato soup, water, salt and pepper.
- Place mixture in a greased glass 9x13 pan.
- Cook potatoes according to directions on box, except omit milk.
- Add beaten eggs and cheese, stir in a little milk if necessary to make potatoes fluffy.
- Drop potatoes in mounds atop meat mixture. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees until heated through, 25 to 30 minutes.