- Servings: 10
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper -- chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic -- minced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shrimp -- see directions
- 4 green onions -- sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons parsley -- chopped
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water, shrimp stock or beer
- lemon zest
- Mix dry ingredients evenly.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for water and hot sauce. Mix well.
- Add water and hot sauce, but just enough to form a loose, sticky dough.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- To Cook: Preheat fryer to 350'. Spoon in dough, and fry until golden brown. (Peanut or Canola oils are best).
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels or Fat Mat. Serve with remoulade sauce or Cookin' Cajun Mardi Gras Dip.
- To "dry-boil" shrimp:
- In a large saucepan, combine 1 pound of shrimp, 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil, 2 teaspoons of concentrated liquid Crab and Shrimp Boil, and 1 tablespoon of Cookin' Cajun Seafood Seasoning.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, cover and allow to steam for 5 minutes only, stirring once or twice. Drain well, reserving stock for other uses.