Shrimp Scampi for Valentines Day!
- Servings: 2
- 6-8 Large shrimp, uncooked
- 8 oz. cooked Linguine
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup of white wine or white cooking wine
- 1 Tbsp. of FRESH squeezed lemon
- A few scallions which I like but optional
- 3 tbsp. of parmesan cheese (shredded)-looks nice
- 2 tbsp. butter, soft
- 1 tbs. of FRESH (PLEASE FRESH) parsley, chopped
- dash of salt and fresh black pepper
- Cook pasta
- Lightly coat shrimp with flour and set aside
- Heat oil on medium high heat
- Add garlic and saute until light brown
- Press shrimp into the garlic so it sticks to shrimp
- Cook until shrimp is pink on one side
- Turn shrimp and add 1/4 (only 1/4) of the wine
- Add lemon
- Reduce wine to half, turn heat to low.
- Sprinkle shrimp with 1/2 of the cheese and parsley
- Add remaining wine, butter and salt & pepper.
- Add warm pasta gently stirring until butter melts
- Place on dinner plate-bringing shrimp to the top
- Garnish with remaining cheese and parsely.