Simple Butter Icing
- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 2 layer cake
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup butter
- 4 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Food coloring
- In a bowl beat butter or margarine until fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups of the confectioners' sugar, beating well.
- Slowly beat in the 1/4 milk and vanilla. Slowly beat in remaining sugar. Beat in additional milk, if needed, to make of spreading consistency. Tint with food color, if desired.