Skewered Apricot Shrimp
- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- Mix the glaze in the morning before leaving for work and add the shrimp when you get home!
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp apricot preserves
- 1 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1 1/4 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds
- Shredded lettuce and lemon wedges
- Mix oil, preserves, vinegar, mustard, curry powder and garlic in a shallow glass or plastic dish. Add shrimp, turning to coat with glaze. Cover and refrigerate 15 to 30 minutes.
- Heat coals or gas grill. remove shrimp from glaze; reserve glaze. Thread shrimp on six 10 - 12 inch skewers, leaving space between each. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water 30 minutes before using.
- Grill kabobs uncovered 4 to 6 inches from medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes, brushing several times with remaining glaze and turning once, until shrimp are pink and firm. Discard any remaining glaze.
- Place shredded lettuce on platter; arrange skewers of shrimp on top, garnish with the lemon wedges.
- NOTE: I always like adding a few fresh apricots to the skewer, but this is optional.