Slow Cooked Italian Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 pounds bulk italian sausage OR pork sausage seasoned with italian seasoning
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 29oz can tomato sauce
- 1 12oz can tomato pase
- 2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried leaf parsley
- Cook sausage, onions, bell pepper and garlic in skilled until sausage is no longer pink; drain
- 2. Spoon sausage mixture into 5qt crockpot.
- 3. Stir in remaining ingredients; cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours.
- ** for additional flavor, add a splash of red wine. if its too tart for your tastes, add sugar tp taste.